Klongversations: Towtow Not Baby!

June 26, 2017


Klong and Iki have been bullying me about my fatty tummy for days now. Klong was even talking to my tummy, calling it "Pauline". Perhaps she saw that on TV, I don't know. All I cared about for a moment was how fat I look in their eyes. I.NEED.TO.LOSE.WEIGHT.

Later on, I realized that Klong has been dropping hints about how much she likes babies, and being an "ate". OMG, that is an even bigger issue than my weight. For one, I am not ready to have a new baby, physically, emotionally and financially. Second, where did my 2-year-old daughter get the idea of being a big sister? Could it be from too much exposure to Anna and Elsa? hahaha.

Anyway, just last night, we had a conversation about this again.

Klong (talking to my tummy again): Hi, Pauline. I love you!
Me: Who's Pauline, anak?
Klong: Baby there tummy nanay.
Me: Wala nga akong baby dito. Ikaw lang ang baby ko. I only have baby Klong Klong.
Klong: Ayaw baby. Towtow NOT BABY! Ate Towtow only!!!
Me: You want to be Ate Towtow?
Klong: OPO!

Jusko! Hahahhaa.  Klong will be a good ate, no doubt. I have seen how much she likes to play with little babies. I have seen her kiss our neighbor's newborn baby everyday. I know that even if she is very tough when it comes to older kids, she is really gentle and loving towards little babies especially to her younger cousin, Ixxi.

I would love the idea of Klong being a responsible big sister, but I don't see it in the near future. I have been busy juggling roles as an employee, a mom, a wife and a daughter, that I don't think I can handle another baby yet. I know that as much as Klong loves the idea of a new baby to play with at home, there are bigger things to consider. I want to be stable and more hands-on when the time comes for a second baby, because I know I haven't been the most hands-on mom to my firstborn.

Klong, in God's time, you will be an ate. For now, please be nanay and tatay's baby first, okay? You are growing up so fast, I just want to cuddle with you and savor your baby-ness while it lasts.


Hugs ♥


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.