Dear, Twinnie

June 16, 2017
Hi!

I know it won't  be long before you come across this post (intentionally or not), and since you allot time and effort in looking//reading my posts, I might as well dedicate one entire blog for you.

You see, they always say that Imitation is the highest form of flattery, but it is not always the case. Sometimes, if not always, it is annoying. I am in no way a famous blogger, my instagram pictures aren't IG-worthy, but if there is anything that I am proud of, it is the fact that I write  from the heart. My blogs and online pictures are all personal (unless stated otherwise) haha. At first, I noticed the similarities between our posts, but I didn't mind, because for me, it only means that we have the same taste. Months passed, but our similarities became more and more obvious. Same content, same hashtags, same idea. The only difference is that I post it earlier than you. I will post a toy that I bought for my daughter, give it 1 week max, you will post about the same toy too. I also keep seeing sentences from my blog in your Instagram captions. Seriously, what is up with you? I know it is easy to deny this, because you have been doing it for the past 2  years,  but let me tell you one thing, you can fool your audience, but you can never fool yourself.

If you cannot stop yourself from copying what you see online, at least make sure to filter your followers thoroughly, so that no little birdie will ever, ever send me a screenshot of our twinning posts again. (let me know if you want me to send you the pictures).  Make sure to avoid being online friends with anyone who is connected to me, because I am telling you, they recognize my work even if it is in your page.

I have come across a blog which basically explains what I am feeling every time I read one or two of my sentences/ captions in your posts. You can read it here if you like. :) BTW, I asked permission from the author to put her link in my post because that's what educated people  do. Char.

But seriously, I do not understand why you are doing this. Not everyone is trying to compete with you, so why don't we just enjoy the journey of being first-time moms without trying to one-up each other? Life would be so much better if we can express ourselves fully, without being offensive to others.

Ciao! :)



2 comments:

  1. Na curious naman ako! hahah! Blogger din ba ito Mommy Andrea? I feel you! It's quite annoying when you know you're being copied but you're right, they can't fool themselves. Flip your na lang Mommy! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy Jen! Hahaha. nako I am not sure kung may blog na din sya, pero mostly sa instagram ko lang nababasa yung mga parts ng blogs ko, haha. nagagamit as caption sa IG pictures nya. hahaha.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.