Weekend at Infanta, Quezon

September 02, 2017
A few months back, my brothers and sisters-in-law created a group chat so that we could all plan a party in celebration of my Mother-in-law's 60th birthday. Yes, it took us months to prepare because the Perez brothers are everywhere, one is in Kuwait, one is in Teresa, Rizal, another one is in Laguna, and only two are here in Pasig. My MIL also wanted to celebrate in Infanta, Quezon because that is where most of her relatives are.

August 13, 2017, we all drove up to Quezon to prepare for her party which will be held the following day. I will dedicate a separate blog for my MIL's special day, but first, I want to show you this little but very cozy resort where we had our party/reunion/mini vacation.


Tres Pinos is located at Binulasan, Infanta. We drove for about  4 hours from my brother-in-law's place in Calamba, Laguna (heavy traffic in Los Baños).  


Since we traveled with 3 toddlers, my sister-in-law made sure to pack snacks and toys to keep the kids busy. 






It was raining hard when we arrived in Binulasan at around 6:30 pm, that is why I wasn't really able to enjoy the view. Since we still have to prepare the decors for the party the following day, we checked in at Tres Pinos right away, even if our package only includes an overnight stay from the date of the party. 






The resort only has two rooms, but boy were they big. It has its own balcony, and even though each room only has 2 king sized beds, they have more than 15 mattresses so the others could sleep on the floor. It is perfect for a big family.

Our room: 4 families fit in this room alone.




We were all so worried that my daughter would cry at night because her lola wasn't there but perhaps because of exhaustion, I had no problem putting her to bed. <3

The next day, (MIL's big day), the adults were all busy with the last minute preparations for the party that afternoon, so we let our Perez babies play and swim while we were all busy.




Here are the Perez cousins:

Ate Ganney and Klongski

Kuya Kio, Kuya Yvo and Calie boy

Calie Boy

Not in the picture are Ixxi and Kuya Zoc.

The pool is right beside the gazebo, where the party will be held, so we could still look after the kids while preparing.

The party began at around 6pm that night, and ended at 12mn. We were asking the caretakers if they could still let us swim since we will already check out the following day, but they did not allow us. We stayed by the pool and drank Quezon's famous lambanog until around 3am.

The following day was their family reunion (MIL's side). Sadly, it was also our check out day. We were checked in until 2pm that day, so my husband's relatives came early to prepare for their reunion. They bought huge fish to grill, lambanog, laing, etc. It was nice seeing Iki's relatives from his mother's side. MIL's siblings were all there, and they shared stories and I got to see my husband's cousins from the province.

yummyyy!!!

It was also the only time that I was able to stroll the beach. I was never a beach person, I would rather stay in a hotel room in Baguio or Tagaytay, but seeing Klongski run in the sand is relaxing. The water isn't clear (it was rainy that night), and the sand is almost black. I didn't swim in the beach, heck, I didn't even get to swim in the pool, but I had fun just looking at my "mag-ama".














After lunch, it's time to go. Packing is always hard, so it took me almost 1 hour just to pack our dirty clothes. We dropped by their relatives' compound first before heading home.





The traffic isn't that bad, but we were all so tired on the way home. We had dinner at Famy, Laguna. We arrived in Pasig at around 8pm. 

It was a fun weekend. Being able to spend time with my husband's relatives made me realize how lucky I am to be included in a family who are all very loving and hospitable. Also, I keep wishing that someday,  I could also feel the love that the Perez brothers have for their mother. I hope that Klong ( and her future siblings, if any), would also love me the way her tatay and his titos love her lola Mely. Raising 5 boys is seriously a hard task, but she did it while managing a store. The love that the Perez boys have for my MIL is very touching. They grew up grateful of their parents' sacrifices for them, and they are all eager to give back, even if my in-laws never ask for anything for them in return. It is indeed heart-warming.

All in all, Tres Pinos is the perfect venue for us to hold a party and a reunion. It is a private resort but it is very spacious and cozy. If I would be asked if I would go back to that resort, I think yes, only because my husband's relatives are just a few blocks away. The view is also very beautiful, and the rooms, the pool and the comfort rooms are all clean. 

However, 

If you are a Manileña like me, this place isn't easy to reach. It is not advisable to commute because it is far from the main road. Apart from the zigzag road from Rizal to Quezon, the resort also doesn't have a parking space. We had to park all of the cars outside the resort. Since it is a rest house turned resort, they do not have a restaurant or a cafeteria, so you have to pack your food because the only thing that they sell are liquors. 

The place is relaxing and beautiful, but there are still a lot of things that they can improve. 

How about you, are there any resorts in Quezon that you can suggest? 

Don't forget to comment below.

Hugs! 






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.