Help Save Mikel

October 14, 2018




Michael - or Mikey - has been my friend since 2008. I met him freshman year. I never really noticed him outright, until we were asked to introduce ourselves in class. His introduction went a little like this:

    "Hi, I am Michael Llanes. I am 12 years old 4 years ago." 

It made the class laugh. I honestly couldn't remember what happened next, but what I am sure of is that at that moment, 10 years ago, I found one of the best persons in my life.

Mikel is always the life of the party. The extrovert to my introverted self. Oftentimes, we would mock him because he has too many friends, it made it hard for us to leave the campus without him bumping into one or two students that only he knows. He would exchange stories while the gang would impatiently wait for him to finish socializing. He almost never says "No". He is everybody's friend. Not only is he a very friendly person, he is also very responsible. He was our IPSA president when we were in 4th year. He always makes people smile . He always has time to help people, even if it means sacrificing his time to study.
Years after college, our gang is still intact. Most of the time, I am unable to join them because a). I'm an introvert,  b). I have work and c). I have momma duties to Klong.  Despite being MIA almost all the time, I am still in touch with my friends and I see their travel photos on a regular basis, with Mikel being his bubbly self, always giving the biggest, wackiest poses in each groufies.




That's why just last Wednesday, I received the shock of my life when my college friends told me that Mikel is in the ICU. He went to have a check up because he wasn't feeling well, but while in the hospital, his oxygen level went too low that he was rushed to the ER and eventually to the ICU. His oxygen level was too low that they needed to use Extracorporeal membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)  to help him breathe temporarily. We were informed that Mikel has Bacterial Pneumonia.

Because of this, his hospital bill ballooned to 2.3M as of writing, and it continues to increase everyday. It breaks my heart to see my friend like that. I have known him to be always on the go, always energetic, and it is unbearable to see him  surrounded with so many machines and tubes.

Despite being in a critical condition, Mikel continues to fight for his life. Others might go into cardiac arrest if their oxygen level dropped to 40, but Mikel is holding on. He is not giving up, and neither would we.

 I am desperate to help Mikel in any way that I can. We have already put up a gogetfunding account   to reach out to more people. Please help us save our dear friend. If you are reading this blog, I would like to humbly ask you to offer a prayer for Mikel, that he would be able to recover from this soon so that he would continue to bring joy to more people. He is a beautiful person inside and out, and he deserves to enjoy the beauty of life more.

I am also knocking on your generous hearts. If you could share this blog or his gogetfunding campaign so that we could reach more people, please do not hesitate to do so. This would greatly help Mikel and his family in his battle to recovery.

This is his gogetfunding link: https://gogetfunding.com/helpsavemikel/









To those of you who would want to donate and help Mikel and his family, here are his details:

Michael Llanes
Security Bank: 0000003219565
Marmelyn L. Llanes
BDO: 004830297738

You may also contact Marmelyn Llanes at 09065295209 for inquiries.Thank you for your prayers and generosity ❤️


Till next time, 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.