Halloween Through the Years

November 05, 2018

Last weekend, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have been bombarded by tons and tons of photos from various Halloween parties. I loved seeing all the creative costumes online, especially photos of kids who are all smiles in their cute costumes.

I never really got the chance to go trick or treating when I was young. Come to think of it, I don't think it was even a 'thing' back in the 90's. What I remember from the halloweens of my childhood were the endless scary stories from  friends, the moments when I would try not to go to the bathroom after watching "Magandang Gabi, Bayan", and of course, visiting my grandfather in the cemetery where I get to see my cousins.

I never really liked the idea of dressing up, knocking on strangers' doors and being forced to smile and interact with the other kids from across the street in exchange of candies. But now that I am a mom, I actually loved dressing my daughter and bringing her to our company trick or treat yearly, especially since I can see how much she enjoys it.

Although I am not as creative as the other moms I see online, I still see to it that I exert effort in dressing Klong up, because I believe that I only have a few more years before Klong decides that she is old enough for all the candies and costumes :'(  Haha.

Enough mama drama, here are Klong's halloween costumes for the past 4 years..

Klong at 7 months as the "Cute baby a.k.a. herself"


This was the first time that I brought her to work for a Halloween celebration. I did not plan on going because it was my rest day, but my office mates kept calling me and forcing me to bring Klong to work, so I just dressed her up with a yellow tutu and a headband that I bought at the talipapa and voila, cute as ever. HAHAHA. #dotingmomalert

Kikay Tinkerbell at 1 year and 7 months


On her second trick or treat, I came a bit more prepared. She came as the fatty Tinkerbell. I'll let you in on a secret: The green tutu dress was her 1st birthday outfit (Pebbles Flintstone). I just removed the black dots on her skirt and  bought the  little green fairy wings on a nearby store and we're good to go as Tinkerbell. :D #waisnamisis

Klong at 2 years and 7 months - Alice in Wonderland



On her third time to go trick or treating, we just bought a ready-made Alice in Wonderland costume from Pasig Palengke.

Klong as the Purple Witch at Ace Hotel Trick or Treat 2018

Klong as the Vampy Vampire at our company Trick or Treat

This year, Klong attended 2 Halloween parties. The first one was at the Ace Hotel Halloween party, where Francis works. She was dressed as a purple witch because she loves purple and she has been nagging us for a purple costume ever since she was 2. It was a paid event but it was fun because Klong enjoyed the magic show, the carnival-themed games, and lots of goodies from various sponsors. However, when we were on our way home, she asked us why she only had few candies and more chips and real food. Hahah. Kids would trade anything for sweets, don't they?

4 days later, I brought Klong back to our office for her 4th trick or treat there. She came as a vampire. She went home with a candy-filled purple pumpkin, just the way she likes it.  :) 

I really want to savor  moments like this. I make an effort to be with my daughter in almost all of the significant moments in her life because childhood is  fleeting and before we know it, they're off making choices of their own.

Hmm.. I wonder what Klong's Halloween costume next year would be?

Till next time, moms!





1 comment:

  1. Ang cute ng costumes niya! Sobrang nagtrend na nga yang trick or treat na yan wala namang ganyan nung panahon natin! my favorite is the tinkerbell :) Adorable baby mo!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.