My 2017: Suck and Sweet

January 26, 2018



Hello, everyone! It has been 4 weeks since we all said goodbye to 2017, and prayed that 2018 will be better.

I originally wanted to post something more personal (probably more dramatic) as a year ender, but 2018 proved to be a bit busier than the last, at least for me, so I might as well just make this a quick one.

Here's my year in review, suck and sweet edition (the good and the bad).

Suck: 

1. We failed to zero out our bucket list for 2017. -   My husband almost never avails his leave incentive, and he also goes to work even on holidays, so it is really hard for us to plan a long vacation. Hopefully this year, we can cross out more items on our list.

2. We failed to hit our 'target savings'. - We really really need to be wiser in spending our earnings starting this year. We were able to save a little, yes. But it would be really rewarding if we will spend less on our wants so that we could have more savings for the rainy days. Right now, we are really working hard to achieve this. hahaha. 

3. I.DID.NOT.LOSE.WEIGHT. - If anything, I even gained a bit more. :( If it's just the food, I could go on without eating rice, sweets, fatty food. It's the exercise that I cannot fathom doing. I don't know if I am just filled with excuses, or if I am just plain lazy. Just thinking about being all sweaty and tired makes me want to lie down all day and eat V-cut. Haha. Dearest friends, any tips? Huhu. 

4. Saying Goodbye - I always hated goodbyes. Last year, I had to say goodbye to some of the people I love. Some are workmates who had to go to find better opportunities, some are friends who had to go abroad. I also had to say goodbye to Bogart, my 7-year old shih tzu, as he was adopted by my aunt who lives in Anggono.

5. Iki still rants about how moody I am - I promised myself (and my husband) that I will try to be more patient last year. However, I guess being moody and easily annoyed is really a part of who I am. That's just how it is. Charot! haha


Sweet: 

1. My family's good health 

2. Special moments that I celebrated with my family -   Last year, I got to spend my birthday with my family, I got to meet my husband's relatives in Quezon, I organized a staycation celebration for my mother's 50th, and just before the year ended, my second brother got married. Being an introvert, large parties and celebrations really make me uneasy, so I tried to keep each event as intimate as possible. I pray that this year, I would have more moments with the people I love the most.



3. I have awesome workmates - After getting married and giving birth, I immediately looked for a job. It's almost 3 years since then, and although sometimes work can be stressful, I am thankful that I have awesome friends at work who make life bearable, if not fantastic.



4. Towtow Day - In the beginning of 2017, I promised to spend more time with my daughter. I am so happy that I remained true to my promise. I made sure to have a family day monthly, if not weekly. It doesn't have to be expensive, heck, we don't even have to leave the house. I just want to make sure that my daughter feels that we love her even if Iki and I are both working 5-6 days a week. 





5. Haircut! - I've wanted to cut my hair short since 2015 but I was scared, because I don't want to look fatter. However, before the year ends, I finally mustered the courage to cut my hair short again. I still look fat, of course, but at least I was able to do it after two years, so yey! haha




Most importantly, I am thankful that 2017 has brought me closer to my family, especially to my husband. We still encounter problems, but Iki and I are now trying to be more mature in handling petty quarrels. I am more open to my parents now, and my brothers and I have made an effort to be closer to our family. Despite the sucks of the past year, 2017 is still a sweet year for me because I started and ended it with the people I love the most. 








Here's to hoping that 2018 would be even sweeter. Belated happy new year to us all! 






2 comments:

  1. Praying for a better 2018 for your family, Andrea. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mommy Jen! Sayo and sa family mo din. More blogs from you pa. hihi

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.