My 27th birthday

March 13, 2017
Last March 7, I turned 27. 




If I will be the one in charge, I would rather sleep the whole day. However, my husband still wanted a simple celebration, so off we go to the mall.

Here's how we celebrated my 27th birthday:



We decided to go to SM Megamall, because ever since SM East Ortigas opened last December 2, we never went back to Megamall again.






We had lunch at Bad Bird in Fashion Hall, Megamall. We ordered Dirty rice chicken plate. I chose one safe, and one spicy chicken, since Klong wants chicken too. Frans ordered one spicy and one chemical chicken. Honestly, the chemical chicken wasn't too spicy, much to my husband's chagrin. However, the dirty rice tastes awesome. Apart from the ordinary fried rice, it has bacon, chicken liver, tamago and kimchi. The serving is big, I couldn't finish it alone.

I was surprised that Klong loved the kimchi. HAHA.

We also ordered chicken nuggets with umami gravy for Klong, but she barely touched it, as she liked the spicy chicken more. (yep, she likes spicy foods). In my opinion, the nuggets tasted a bit bland.

If there's one thing that I really liked about Bad Bird, it would be the service. The crew were really nice. When we arrived, we were in the waiting queue, but the manager approached us and took my husband's mobile number. She told us that they will call us once our table is ready. Perhaps they noticed that Klong is a bit restless already.

After about 10minutes, they called to tell us that our table's ready. Note that their network is Globe and my husband is a Smart subscriber.

Also, they serve fast, and always with a smile.

Would I come back? Yes. The dirty rice meal costs P390 each, which is a bit pricey, but the service is A-okay! The chicken is savory and crunchy (a bit disappointed with 'chemical' chicken, though), and they have a cozy interiors. I am really happy that my husband took me to this restaurant. :)


After lunch, we went to Club Synergy so that Klong can ride the carousel and the coin-operated rides. Then we went straight to the hospital for Klong's check up.


When we arrived home, we did a couple of errands and chores because it is my rest day (the only time that we can do the laundy). We were still full so we skipped dinner . We had a few drinks with my tatay. (San Mig lights for Tatay, Red Horse for me and Frans), because what's a birthday without a beer?





At around 10pm, I thought we were ready to call it a night. However, Frans told me that we still haven't eaten dinner, and that he's craving for tapa. I thought we were going to the tapsilogan across the street, but he hailed a cab. We went to The Yard Underground. 



I have always wanted to go here since it's soft opening a few months back, but we couldn't find the time since we are always in a hurry to go home after work. We arrived at around 11pm on a Tuesday night, but it is still pretty packed. I wonder how jam-packed this place is on a weekend.

I was still a bit full because of beer and tokwa, so I let the hubby decide. Since he is craving for tapsilog, we went to The Good Tapa. I ordered tapsilog with extra chili.



I enjoyed the food. We got the juice from Birdmen, which is big enough for the two of us. I was so full and sleepy, so I asked hubby if we can go home right after eating.

Next time, I promise to try The Cheesery, The Potato Club and Ta Ke Ho Me. 


It was a tiring, but happy day as I got to spend the whole day with my family. I specifically asked Francis not to bother for my birthday, because in 5 days, it will be our daughter's 2nd birthday. I was thinking of just having one celebration for the both of us. But Frans still went out of his way to make me happy on my special day. I am one lucky woman, aren't I.


Oh, before I forget

Here's the hubby's gift for me. It was supposed to be given on my birthday, but he was hesitant of the size, so he gave it to me 2 days in advance. Woopie!








No comments:

Powered by Blogger.