My Mother-in-law's 60th Birthday Bash

December 07, 2017
Disclaimer: This is a picture-heavy post. 




Last August, my mother-in-law celebrated her 60th birthday. It was a very memorable one not only for her, but for me as well, because not only did I get to spend the entire weekend with my husband's entire family, I also witnessed how much my husband and his brothers love their mom, one thing that I hope I could experience from my daughter, someday.

Her party was held at Tres Pinos Beach resort in Infanta, Quezon.

Before I begin showing you the party pictures, let me tell you about my uber-talented sister-in-law first. My Ate Abi is a nurse and a party coordinator in Kuwait. She is also the wife of the eldest Perez brother.




She is very hands-on to every detail of the party, even if she is in Kuwait. If it weren't for her, the party wouldn't have been this successful ♥


Everything is DIY.  Here are some of the pictures from the party. 


16 Shots

Finger print tree for the guests, by Architect Charlie Perez ♥




The cake is one of the highlights of the party. The first, third and fifth layers are fresh roses. Aside from being beautiful, it is also very yummy. No wonder it was a hit with the guests.

The party is like my  MIL's 18th birthday party, only that it was held a couple of years later. We had 16 roses, 16 candles, 16 shots, 16 gifts. We also had a couple of games as well.



Eldest Perez brother, Kuya Benzel

Kuya Charlie

Kuya Dennis


Kuya Exequel with son Zoc


My husband


My parents-in-law ♥



The Perez ladies from L-R: Me (Mrs. F), Dhez (Mrs. E), Ate Anne (Mrs. C) and Ate Abi (Mrs. B)





Architect Charlie and Engr. Anne's family ♥

4/7 of the Perez babies: Akio, Yvo, Zoc and Klong



Mader's relatives and amigas


After the program, some of the relatives danced in the middle, my sisters-in-law decided to go nightswimming, while I joined the boys in preparing the lambanog and pulutan :D 

It was indeed a night full of love, thanksgiving and tears. I got to know how kind and loving my husband's relatives are. They were all very accommodating and warm. I loved the food, especially the laing. I love how the Perez brothers, even if they are all boys, did not hesitate to show their mom how grateful they are of her. You can feel the love that they have for their mom. It was very touching. 

Would I be able to reach my 60th year as well? I hope I would, and I hope that when I reach that age, I would still have the people I love to be there with me, partying. 

I have heard a lot of "Biyenan horror stories" from friends and relatives, and it is one of the things I dreaded the most when I was still single, but luckily, God has blessed me with not just a loving husband, but a loving and caring in-laws as well.

Raising kids is never easy, but my in-laws did just that, 5 times over. The Perez brothers all turned out to be hardworking, selfless and very loving, just like them. I am lucky that one of those 5 boys became my husband. :)

To my Mader Mely,

Thank you for accepting me and loving me. I hope that someday, I could also be as loving and as kindhearted as you. I will be forever grateful that you have raised my husband to be loving and responsible. You truly are a queen. We love you ♥




Complete Perez family ♥









1 comment:

  1. Oh! My goodness! She doesn’t look that old at all. This is a fantastic birthday bash. I have saved this post because my mother is also going to turn 60 this year. I have already started to shortlist some nice Los Angeles venues for the day. This is a fabulous birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.