On Spending Quality Time At Home

June 24, 2017
My husband and I both work on weekends, so Thursday is really our Sunday. We see to it that we spend the whole day with Klong. Most of the time, we go to the mall to eat and do the groceries, then Klong will spend at least an hour in Timezone, going gaga over the coin-operated rides. Sometimes, we go to Kidzoona or visit our in-laws.





There are also times when we both want to stay at home, lie in bed and watch movies. I like that choice the most, because we don't need to spend a lot, and I love seeing my two babies goofing around at home.

Last week, we did just that.

Iki only has one day off and he requested to have it every Thursdays. Mine is every Wednesdays and Thursday. We usually have beer nights every Wednesday at home. My parents are always out and we are in charge of looking after Klongski so we started at around 11pm.


I love beer nights. We talked about our high school memories, about how we endured the 12-hour drinking sessions back in the day. We played our inuman songs from 2011 (Hello, PNE, Eraserheads, and Sugarfree). It's nice to be best friends with your husband. It's nice to find time to be with each other, even if it is just over a bottle or two of your favorite local beer. <3 

Breaded eggplant and tinapa


The following day, I woke up to the smell of coffee tinapa. Klong ate breakfast while watching Moana.


The whole morning was spent playing and dancing. We took a lot of pictures and Klong made us watch Frozen for the nth time. The house was super messy but I did not complain, because seeing them happy is my most favorite view. 

Iki cooked lunch for us, as usual. Then they played a bit more before taking their afternoon nap. Since this is the only quiet time for the entire day, I hurriedly cleaned up the toys and feeding bottles, washed the dishes,swept the floor and took a bath. I  had a good 2 hours to catch up on my reading. (current book: Ashes to Ashes (Burn #3 by Jenny Han). 

They woke up at around 4pm. We played and danced a little bit more. We then went out to buy dinner. Just like that, our rest day has come to an end. 

We didn't go somewhere special. We didn't do anything extraordinary, but my heart is full of love and happiness because I got to spend time with the loves of my life. 

Maybe spending the whole day at home is normal for some,  but for us working moms, it is really precious because we only get to do it once or twice a week. Seeing the happiness in our kids' eyes whenever we spend time with them is really priceless.  How I wish I could do this everyday, but I keep reminding myself that I leave the house to be able to help my husband in giving Klong a good life.
Oh well, I can't wait for the work week to be over. I am excited to spend an entire day with my little madam and my favorite chef. 

How about you, moms? How do you spend your weekends with your kids? 


1 comment:

  1. Just like you, since kaka start lang ni daryl mag work, mejo hindi pa kami makagamay kung kelan ang family time. Paiba-iba kasi ang restdays ni daryl every month unlike sa akin na steady na sya weekends forever. I also want to have that inuman nights kaso hindi naman ako maka tolerate ng ganyan dahil nag aallergy! hahaha! boring! Anyway, bahay bahay lang din muna ang family time ngayon dahil nag aadjust kami sa gastos. hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.