Mother's Day, Iki's Birthday and the Sick Klongski :(

May 21, 2017
Hello, everyone! How was your week?
I know most of you moms are still on a high because of Mother's day. I wish I could say the same. The past few days have been stressful for the family, but hopefully things will get better now. Huhu.

I have been waiting for May. It has always been one of my most favorite months because of a lot of celebrations. May 14 is Mother's day, May 15 is my husband's birthday, May 19 is my parents' anniversary and May 27 is my mom's birthday.

Last Sunday, I was not really expecting anything because my husband and I both have work. Plan was for us to just have dinner (Klong will be having dinner with my parents and relatives). After that, we will celebrate at home for his birthday salubong. I wanted it to be just the two of us when we bid goodbye to Mother's day, and say hello to his 27th year. However, things did not go as planned because Klong got sick last Sunday.

While I was at work, my nanay texted me that they are already with our relatives, Klong is (as usual), makulit and takbo nang takbo. I told her that we will be coming home a bit late because Iki will pick me up from work and then we will have dinner in Robinson's Galleria. Iki showed up at the office with a single long-stemmed rose for me. (kilig kilig). We were about to have our dinner when my tatay called me and said that Klong is throwing up daw. I can hear her crying in the background. I panicked and I told Iki that we have to rush home. I didn't want to push through with the dinner, knowing that our daughter is sick and crying. When we came home, Klong is still throwing up. My nanay told us that she did not eat dinner yet, but she made candies out of the ice cubes pala while they were drinking. Mahilig talaga magpapak ng yelo ang anak ko, probably because of too much heat din. She was throwing up and she would ask for water after. Simula 7pm yun. The following day, we brought her to her doctor. Initial findings were gastroenteritis and tonsillitis. Her pedia said that if she still won't pee in the next  12 hrs, we will have no other choice but to admit her to the hospital so that they can monitor her more. I chose to go home and try to keep her hydrated at home first, plus of course the medicines that she need to take.

So Iki's birthday was spent talking to the doctor, looking after the cranky Klongski, forcing her to drink her medicine, a lot of kicking and spanking (Klong is the doer, I am the receiver), and a lot of frustrated sighs and tears. Luckily, Klong started peeing that night as well. When Klong fell asleep, Iki and I each had one bottle of beer to celebrate his day, then called it a night because of exhaustion.All the plans have been cancelled, and we were all worried sick. Our hearts started beating once again when her urine level finally went back to normal, as well as her appetite.

Things did not go according to plan, but I am still so happy that my baby is now okay. I realized lang talaga na as a mom, I couldn't wish for anything else but my family's health and safety. No amount of material things could ever compare to their health and happiness talaga.

Hay! :)

Wala lang. Basta let us not forget to let our moms and wives feel special, not only every 2nd Sunday of May, but ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!







2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your Klong felt better. Minsan ganun talaga when you became a parent, everything else goes second versus the health of your kids. =) Belated Happy Mother's Day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mommy Jen. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you too. Iba na talaga pag mommy no? Kids come first, always. Iba din talaga pag sila ang may sakit. Feeling ko aatakihin din ako sa kaba talaga. huhu. Good thing she's okay na, struggle kasi talaga pag antibiotic na ang usapan. Magwawala talaga si Klong. :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.